Things I'm Loving: Tools for a Quick (and affordable) Manicure

Those who know me, know that I don't really do makeup or obsess over my hair or nails. Occasionally I will spring for the professional manicure/pedicure (not at any fancy spa, just a regular place).  But I'm always left disappointed with results I cannot possibly maintain myself because time and funds do not permit a weekly manicure.   So, what is a thrifty girl (read: poor college student) to do?  This is where Target finds and E.L.F come into play!  Now my manicure skills are nothing close to professional, and I admit I don't get the same feeling as when someone else is doting over me painting my nails, but it's sure close, and will do for a regular day of work and classes.

e.l.f Essentials New Nail Block
$1.00 on eyeslipsface.com
e.l.f Cuticle Pushers
$1.00 on eyeslipsface.com

e.l.f Essentials Nourishing Cuticle Pen
$1.00 on eyeslipsface.com
 Other Supplies Pictured Above:
-A clear top coat, or a light pink or nude color.  I use Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, just because its a top coat and a nail hardener (and it's what I have around, haha). 

-Nail clippers

For a French manicure, as shown in the picture below, I use Sinful Colors white polish, because it is $1.99 at Target. Love it!  It definitely does it's job.

Additional French manicure supplies: 
-Scotch tape

Optional:  Fan to help your nails dry faster!


Best part? Until you run out of supplies (Scotch tape and nail polish) you have FREE manicures =)



No comments:

Post a Comment








This blog was designed with Safari and Mozilla browser users in mind. If you are running Internet Explorer, or any other browser type, you may experience difficulties.

Thank you!